Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dhokla or Khaman Dhokla

Some dishes will make you to go back to younger days, for me dhokla is one of such dish.i started  to love dhokla in my school days .In Calcutta every weekend I used to have dhoklas  mmmmm.........still my mouth can feels that taste. I really want to make dhoklas  in my kitchen ,so I tried them and got it perfect.my receipe is down here..


Ingredients:



Besan

2cups

Water

1cup

Curd beaten

1cup

Ginger

1 ½ tsp

Green chillis

2-3

Salt

As per taste

Corriander

For garnishing

Coconut

¼ cup

Til/sesame seeds

½ tsp

Mustard seeds

1tsp

Turmeric powder

½ tsp

Eno salt/cooking soda

2 -21/2 tsp

 Method:
  • Blend the greenchillis  and ginger into a very fine paste.
  • Take a bowl add  2 cups of besan mix it with salt little of turmeric powder.
  • Mix  grinded ginger and green chillis ( blend with water,don’t addexcess water)



  •  Now mix it with water and beaten curd with a whisk without any lumps and keep aside.
  • Take a deep round vessel  grease it  with  oil ,Now add eno salt to the batter and keep  it for 10-12 mins,
  • Let the consistency be like idly batter.
  • Now pour the batter  in to the vessel  and keep inside the cooker,close the lid  .
  • Don’t place the whistle, steam it for 8-11 mins.
  • After 8mins check it with toothpick .
  • Just pierce with toothpick it should come out cleanly.
  • Now allow it  to cool for 5-7mins and then turn the vessel , steamed dhokla will come out neatly.
 
 
  • Cut it into cubes  and garnish it.
Garnishing:
Tadka :take a kadai add a tsp of oil  ,now add mustard seeds when splutters add white sesame seeds (I add black sesame as white was not available).
Now arrange the dhokla cubes  pour the tadka on the top and garnish with gratedCoconut and chopped  coriander leaves.
 
Note:
  • Do not add more turmeric powder it will  spoils the taste.
  • I like the ginger taste so I add little more.
  • You can add cooking soda instead of eno.
  • Let curd not been so sour.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment